Thursday 8 July 2010

The one about the "Tescos - Peppersteak - Debacle"

I recently purchased some Peppered Grillsteaks , they looked damn tasty too . I knew I would never get around to eating them before the Best Before Date so I froze them . A month later and I`m rummaging in the freezer and heft out this veritable slab of spiced meat and think "Whoo this will go down a treat" . They were duly defrosted overnight and some were cooked and taken to work . It comes to lunchtime and I am absolutely ravenous , I could eat a Dead Donkey`s Arse I am THAT hungry . I eat the first Grillsteak and it was nice and head for the second one .... within seconds I am spitting out a piece of Gristle and think "Oh well , it`s to be expected once in a while" . Oh how wrong could I be ? . I find another bit , and chew and BINGo !!! there`s another bit . "What the HELL ? Are they grinding up Midgets now?" is my second thought . By the end of my Gristly meal I have about a Tablespoon of rounded off unidentifiable Cartilage . It gets to the evening and I still have more of these things left so decide to cook them and polish them off as well ......... Sigh .

The same story with the next lot as well but it is in EVERY single Grillsteak . The pile of Knobbly Unchewables is getting bigger and I have had enough . I finish off what I can and dump the rest in the Dog`s bowl and apologise to her , she chews away and I am sure I saw her spitting out some bits into her bowl with a comedy "Ting" noise , and that is saying a lot for an animal that seems to like the taste of it`s own "Chocolate Balloon Knot" . I decided to go and hunt somebody down at Tesco`s and went to their website and their contact page and entered this :

Tescos Barbecue range "8 Peppered Grillsteaks" . I bought some of these recently
(obvious really as I was shopping rather than shoplifting) and froze them .
I defrosted them yesterday evening and cooked them today , and rather tasty they were .
Unfortunately they seemed to contain more than their fair share of ground-up kneecap
and minced ligaments than I am usually used to ,each bite was a wonderful treasure trove
of "Hunt the Meat and Dodge the Gristle" . It wasn`t a hard game as I have an
abundance of stuff on the plate and can provide a photograph of this non-appetising
delight . I await your reply via email regarding the quality of this product ,
I have retained the label in case you need to trace whoever decided to dump a whole
cows cartilage into the mincer , I don`t think I would bother buying these ever again
and have noticed some nice road kill carcasses in the local area that appear to be a
safer bet than these "Teeth Busters" , Yours .... (xXBADGERXx)<---Name Changed .


They sent me an email back asking me to provide the number from the Barcode , the suppliers Mark and the Use By Date ............ not even an apology , just spouting some cobblers about maintaining quality . I would have got something better if I had gone to the store to make a complaint but why should I put this upon some poor storeperson when they have a complaints line to handle stuff like this ? ......... Well guess what Tesco`s ? I`m surrounded by other supermarkets and I`m sure I can get equally crappy products from them instead .

TESCO`S eVERY LITLE HELPs <------ lose the smaller letters and recite again .

DICKHEADS <----- no smaller letters to lose here but you can recite this as well

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.